Sunday, October 2, 2011

Letter #4 - Dear Mom & Dad 9/21/2011

Thank you for the letters and Uncle Shawn and his family (they sent me a package of yummies).  The MTC is great and Elder Anderson is the perfect companion.  If I may ask can I have my sweats w/the Jaguar name on it from basketball?  I want them for when it gets cold here in Provo.  I'll probably stay here until November.  By the way, stuff there is stuff Spencer does not have to buy because it is sold at the MTC - journal, hymn book, scriptures in another language, notebooks, pen, stamps, envelopes, laundry detergent and other things like candy, snacks, drinks, dry cleaning, etc.  Some of the stuff I got for free.  On Tuesday, Elder Nelson talked to us about the Book of Mormon and asked 4 missionaries to come and role play w/him.  One of them was his granddaughter.  It was fun to listen to an apostle talk more open and direct.  I felt as if he was talking straight to me.  The Spirit is strong here and I'm enjoying learning more each day.

Love your son

Elder Searle

PS With the sweats can I get a couple of socks - during laundry some disappeared.  I only need white socks.  Thank you :)

Obedience brings blessings - Exact obedience brings miracles.

I just got the letter on Wednesday and I'm sorry Spencer's arm is swollen.  Hopefully he gets better.  Can't wait to hear about Trey's tournament.  How's Hannah and on P-day we do laundry around 6:30 and emails around 7-7:30am.  That's cool to hear about the Trek and Dad wants to up the training????  I don't believe it - Just kidding.  The stuff Spencer doesn't have to buy is cheaper here because he is a missionary.  I got a backpack for $18.  The language is getting easier each day, but I know I will be like "O Que?" when I get to the field.  Thank for all the support and love.  I miss you all (voces) and happy to serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment