Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Letter #20

1/30/12

Dear family,
Thank you for the letters and the updates. They really put a smile on my face. Glad to hear about Spencer, Zach and Chris. And I will probably show how a real missionary teaches when I get back. lol. It is a lot different teaching in the field then practicing. you try with all your heart to teach an investigator but in reality the real thing is a whole different level. There is so many different mixture of emotions and the spirit is so strong and you just want to stuff the gospel down that persons throat. but you have to do everything slowly in order to understand what that person needs. What doctrine will actually help them, cause all the doctrine will help them but there is always one that they need to hear at that time and that is the real trick to missionary work. How to teach people and not just lessons. You really learn to go to heaven and seek questions in order to help that person feel your love and desire to help them. And when you actually allow the spirit to do his job something beautiful happens. You get a baptism, you save a soul. And you happiness is something far greater than you can ever imagine and your love even increases to a whole new level. And the funny part is I don´t even understand every word that comes out of these people mouths but i love them and want to understand them. I am getting better everyday and Elder Muniz has done a great job helping me. I feel your guy´s prays for me and thank you. I really feel better when I know I have a family supporting me everyday. Love you guys and miss you all.
Elder Richard Scott Searle

No comments:

Post a Comment