Tuesday, September 20, 2011

1st Letter from Elder Searle

Sept. 15, 2011

Dear Family,

The MTC has been a lot of fun at the same time very overwhelming.  I met my companion and his name is Elder Anderson.  He is pretty cool; he loves extreme sports and turned 19 a month ago.  I’ve met a lot of missionaries going to Cuiaba; 7 to be exact.  However, only 2 of us have done the online visa application.  They estimate that we will be in Brazil in November.  On the first day we taught an investigator and also learned a few phrases in Portuguese (I spelled that wrong but I have to write this letter quick).

The MTC has shown me what my weaknesses are and what I have to improve on.  When I have more time, probably when I email, I’ll send pictures or describe more of what’s happening.   I miss you all and love you very much.

From your loving son, brother,  friend, and Elder
Searle

So this is the 2nd portion of the letter, they gave us time to write today.  I have already hurt myself by getting my knee dislocated and now I will be getting a MRI.  It doesn’t  feel too bad but it is still lose and catching.  They don’t think it is an ACL but they want to check.

It’s only the 2nd day and the language teacher hardly speaks English.  Some of the elders are getting it fast.  I understand stuff when he writes on the board but when he speaks it is hard to keep up.  Elder Anderson and I are clicking well and we are feeding off each other through the gospel.

I’m well and I’m sure I’ll be fine with my knee and all.  I hope all is going well and no harm has come to you.  I pray for you all and love you guys.  Can’t wait to hear from you all.

From you loving son, brother, friend, and

Elder  Searle

No comments:

Post a Comment